Why Am I Here?

This blog is my attempt to chronicle my journey to get fit, its ups and downs, and show my progress on reaching my goal of running an entire 5K race! Thanks for visiting and happy reading! :)

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Week 5.....EEK!

So today I started week 5. I had 3 five minute runs with 3 minute walks in between each run. I must say it went fantastic! My legs had a burn, but a good burn. I felt tension free, my breathing was great, and my legs never felt like they were about to give out. If was far from being easy, but it felt really good.

On Friday, I move to on to 2 eight minute runs. In between each run, I'll have a 5 minute walk. Not so bad. I'm not really dreading it. I'm looking forward to it. The one that gets me afraid in Sunday's run. I am going to have a 20 minute non stop run! I have so much trepidation with this run. I've been fortunate to read about others, using the same app, make it so I know I most likely will. But, I'd lie saying I wasn't really nervous about it. From there the time continues to increase..EEK.

So from here on out...I'll be blogging about each run until I reach 30 minutes straight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment