Why Am I Here?

This blog is my attempt to chronicle my journey to get fit, its ups and downs, and show my progress on reaching my goal of running an entire 5K race! Thanks for visiting and happy reading! :)

Monday, February 13, 2012

20 minutes! Yay!

So yesterday was the dreaded 20 minute run. I was a bit nervous as always. It was cold out and I had my baby niece with me. So on top of a 20 minute run, I had to push my niece in the stroller while running!!! The first 5 minutes were FANTASTIC!!! When she came on on my earphones saying 5 minutes passed, I was shocked!!! It went so fast and my legs felt great. I was doing great when she said half way. It was when she came on and said 15 minutes that my legs got a bit fatigued. But a few minutes later, I got a second wind. I didn't want the run to end! I ended up doing an additional 2 minutes. Wow...I'm officially a runner! Yay! I'm so excited and can't wait until Wednesday to move forward! Yay me!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! I keep thinking back to just a few weeks ago, when you were wondering if you would die after running for a minute and a half... and you did 20 minutes!!

    CONGRATULATIONS!!

    ReplyDelete