Why Am I Here?

This blog is my attempt to chronicle my journey to get fit, its ups and downs, and show my progress on reaching my goal of running an entire 5K race! Thanks for visiting and happy reading! :)

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Another 5K Complete

I just finished week 6 run 3 this week! One of these reasons why I wanted to use the app was to be able to run a full 5k race. I had signed up for one on February 18th and even though I know I wasn't going to be done with this my Get Running app yet, I figured it could help!

Well I did the 5k on February 18th as planned. I finished my first 5k in  56:17. After that 5k, I was sore for 3 straight days. I was sore from my lower back, hamstrings, quads, calves, and down to my shins. But nonetheless, I finished.

This past Saturday for my 5k, I turned on my iPod and ran the app. I'm pleased that I jogged 2 x 10 minutes plus another 5-10 of it. My time was 53:07. I know I could've walked it faster and got a better time, but that wasn't my goal. It was to be able to run it, so I did. Let me just say that it is 2 days later, I have NO soreness. I had a bit of calve soreness, but that was it!! I went out for my 25 minute jog today and it went great.

While my pace isn't fast and my overall time didn't get dramatically better, my body feels sooo much better. I know, thanks to this app, that I will eventually lower my time. I'm so pleased right now with myself!

1 comment:

  1. Your time will continually get better as your conditioning improves! Kepp it up I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete