Why Am I Here?

This blog is my attempt to chronicle my journey to get fit, its ups and downs, and show my progress on reaching my goal of running an entire 5K race! Thanks for visiting and happy reading! :)

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

25 minute run! Whew!

So today I started week 7 of the Get Running App. Today's run included a 5 minute warm up, 25 minutes of running, and a 5 minute cool down.

I decided to try some place new to run today since the weather was gorgeous out! I went to Refugio Park in Hercules. I knew they had a trail throughout the small park and leads out and down the road. So that is where I began. 

Before that though, I decided to change up my music on my iPod. I went for some merengue music. Now if you don't know what it is, it is this very up tempo spanish music. I decided it was time for a change, so merengue it was!

I started out my warm up in the park and when it was time to run, I headed out. Little did I know that the trail leading out was mostly up hill. It wasn't ultra steep, but not at all flat! With the new fast music and the uphill battle, my legs were screaming at the 5 minute mark. I was really worried when I was told I had 20 minutes of more running. Wow... fast forward 20 minutes... 

Not only did I do the run, but I did a record distance. Normally in the 35 minutes I cover about 2.2 miles. Today I did 2.6! I credit that to Mr. Elvis Crespo and his merengue music causing my pace to get faster. Not only was it uphill, but I covered more distance! Yeah...I'm a runner now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment